Is This A Hint That This Arsenal Star Is Set To Leave?

Arsenal’s Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla has called on the club to sign quality players in the summer, if they are to stand any chance of ending the club’s current title drought. Arsenal have once again seen their title aspirations disintegrate following a run of just one win in six league games. Recent defeat against Everton means the Gunners are not assured of a top 4 finish just yet as Everton have closed the gap on them to just one point with a game in hand.

Santi Cazorla was quoted as saying “Arsenal have everything to win. History,infrastructure, an incredible stadium and great players. But we have to improve at crucial moments and sign the best football players because if you don’t do that, you may lag behind others.

“That is what makes it different at other clubs. You’ve a good example in Manchester City who signed Fernandiho, (Alvaro) Negredo… or even Manchester United with (Robin) Van Persie and (Juan) Mata.

“Arsenal know what they need next season, but it’s almost impossible to win a title if we haven’t got these kind of things.

“I want titles and that is why I came to Arsenal. Every football player wants to win titles. We’ve gone many years without winning one. And if not, what I’ll look for in my next destination is to have the chance to win.

“I don’t want to close doors, but nowadays I’ve a contract with Arsenal for two more seasons. When I’m turning 31 I’ll evaluate myself and I’ll choose the best option. In which case, I would be delighted to come back [to Spain].”

This might as well be Santi Cazorla bidding Arsenal fans farewell as I seem to recall a similar position taken by erstwhile club captain, Robin van Persie before he left for Manchester United. Samir Nasri had recently echoed this same line of thoughts as his reason for leaving the Emirates for Man City. Wenger is stubborn and with him at the helm of affairs, we can look forward to life without Cazorla at the Emirates unless he finally grows a ball in the summer.