Santi Cazorla Is Simply Not Good Enough For Arsenal – Arsenal Legend

Gunners’ legend, Charlie Nicholas has come down hard on Santi Cazorla over his poor form this season.

Cazorla, who has only scored 4 goals for the Gunners this season, has not been as impressive as he was in his first season where he scored a lot of goals and made a number of assists.

The Gunners, who have been upstaged at the top of the table by Liverpool and Man City, have experienced a dip in form since the start of the year. Injuries and lack of fight in the team have both caused us a lot; and we have found ourselves in a situation where we have to battle Everton for fourth place now.

Cazorla needs to step up according to the former Gunner while speaking to Sky Sports News.

“The team’s had bad injuries but some of these players who are just playing just now have not turned up to any of the big games,” said the 52 year old former Gunner.

“I’m probably going to upset some Arsenal fans with certain names. Cazorla’s been an eye-catcher but he’s not he’s simply not good enough for Arsenal.

“He’s got magical feet, he’s got the talent to play at Arsenal but he doesn’t turn up in the big games. It’s up to the players to show fight.

“Who gets stick? Mesut Özil, Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud, Jack Wilshere…never, ever him [Cazorla].

“I expect more from him because he’s talented.”

Cazorla, who moved to Arsenal in the summer of 2012 from Spanish club Malaga, hit the ground running in his first season for us. However, the player who has missed a couple of matches due to injury, has not been able to replicate this performance of last season. Although I do not agree Cazorla is not good enough, I definitely think he can do better for us than he has done this season. However, his dip in form could be as a result of the second season syndrome.

Arsenal have suffered more injury woes than any other top 4 team this season, and this partly account for the reason why the club is lying behind Everton in 5th place with only few matches left to play. Theo Walcott is already ruled out for the rest of the season after sustaining an injury in an FA Cup match against Tottenham back in January.