Wenger Gives Clear Indication Of His Desire To Extend Contract

But Wenger admitted it will be “painful” if they do not reach the Champions League as he claims it is vital for Arsenal to be on Europe’s biggest stage.

All the news and rumour concerning the future of Frenchman, Arsene Wenger is about to come to an end as he has given clearest indication of his desire to stay.

The Frenchman, whose contract expires at the end of current season, is yet to put pen to paper on a new contract that is already on the table waiting for him. Reports in the press have indicated that the boss has already started making preparation towards next season as he draws up his transfer lists.

“We do spend time on next season, we are really focused and working very hard,” Wenger said.”

“Every day we spend time on that,”Wenger told the Daily Mail.

The above quotes from the Daily Mail suggest that the boss has already started making plans for next season, which doesn’t show that he wants to leave as a lot of people have been suggesting.

Another indication that the boss is already thinking ahead and might yet extend his contract was the interview he granted the Mirror Newspaper. The Boss in that interview spoke about next season’s Champions League.

“Now it is in a reverse ­position, you say to me, ‘you realise how important (the Champions League) it is for us,”Wenger said.

Arsenal are currently lying in the 5th position, 2 points behind 4th placed Everton; and cannot afford to drop any more points if the hope to compete in their 17th straight Champions League competition since Wenger joined the club.

We have not been lucky when it comes to injury, with key players like Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott, Diaby, and Koscielny injured. The boss also spoke on injuries to key players:

“It’s difficult to predict you will have Ozil, Walcott, Wilshere out at the same time and Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil and Walcott out. It’s too many.

“Fatigue is an issue but it’s difficult to predict how you will be three days later after an FA Cup semi-final.

“The mental part is so ­important in the ­physical recovery. The fact we come out in a positive mood will help us to recover. I believe physically we can cope with it,”he told the Mirror.

Arsenal fans are however, divided on whether they want him to stay or not. What is not in doubt as most of know is the fact that the board wants him to stay regardless of anything.