Injury News : Reason For Ramsey’s Injury Revealed

Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger has put himself in the firing line and shouldered the blame for the injuries suffered by his midfield general, Aaron Ramsey this season.

The Frenchman was left to rue watch might have been if he had rested his Welsh star earlier before the injury set in. Ramsey suffered a thigh injury on Boxing Day which kept him out for four months, coinciding with a collapse in Arsenal’s title charge.

However, the midfielder returned to lift the Gunners past a hapless Hull City side, scoring one and assisting two more in a 3-0 win at the KC Stadium.

“Maybe we overplayed him a little bit; we should have rested him before he was injured,” Wenger said after the game which kept the team in control of the race for fourth place and Champions league spot.

Arsenal dropped 20 valuable points in the absence of the Welsh international, and coupled with the injury to Ozil, Wenger wondering what might have been.

“Ramsey and Ozil give us a cutting edge in the final third – that makes us look much more dangerous,” Wenger stated. “Football is down to the quality of the players and we could see that today,” the Frenchman concluded.

Aaron Ramsey, Cardiff City’s youngest player ever and Wales’ youngest ever captain has played 22 times this season with 10 goals and assists to booth. He was voted by Arsenal fans as the club’s Player of the Month for four consecutive months this season between August and November, and has been shortlisted for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.