Striker Confirms He Will Be At Arsenal Next Season

Olivier Giroud has announced his resolve to stay on a fight at Arsenal until he is told otherwise by the London club.

The Frenchman, 27, said this when he granted an interview on a French TV programme, Telefoot, and also revealed he wants to see out his contract at the club despite the rumours being peddled in the media.

“I have a contract until 2016 and that is what I want. You should not listen to the media,” the Ligue One winner said.

The former Montpellier striker’s private life has been called into question in recent months amid reports of an ultimatum given him by his wife to move back to France or lose her.

However, he however stressed the importance of concentration in the battle for fourth place ahead of Everton and wouldn’t trade the all-important Champions league spot for anything.

“The main objective is to finish fourth. It’s been 17 years that the team qualifies for the Champions League, I don’t want to be in the generation that misses it. Champions League is vital for the club,” he said.

Arsenal have a date with destiny and a chance to end their eight-year trophy drought in the FA Cup next month against Hull City next month and the France international aims to win it for the fans.

“The FA Cup final is also an important trophy for the fans; they have been waiting for a trophy for a long time,” he concluded.

Olivier Giroud has been a vital part of Arsenal’s first team and has 14 goals in 33 games, including a brilliant game in the win against West Ham, with seven assists and reportedly has Wenger’s support continued support to lead Arsenal’s line as the gunners battle Everton for the chance to finish 4th in the premier league which will enable them to play in the qualifying stages of the champions league next season.