Why Wilshere Should Play Against Norwich And Hull City

Good news abounds on the injury front. Firstly, it was the news that Ramsey had returned from a thigh injury that saw him miss over 3 months and consequently, robbed Arsenal of the chance to sustain their push for the title.

Following closely on Ramsey’s return was that of Diaby. The Frenchman who had been out for over a year, returned to full training, had a run-out with the U-21 and now set for a cameo role in the first team.

The big one is that Wilshere is also back. The English midfielder has been out for several weeks and fears were rife that he may miss the World Cup. Returning now means he is on course to make the World Cup but his participation in that tournament is down to how Wenger manages him between now and the end of the season. For others, the season ends on Sunday as the week 38 EPL matches are played but for Arsenal, the season ends next week after the FA Cup final. Hence, he has two more matches to play for Arsenal this season. In the world of football, that’s more than enough time to get injured and miss a big tournament.

I know he is important to Arsenal but England needs him more or should I say, he needs them more. Despite his enormous talent, Wilshere is yet to feature at any international tournament with England no thanks to injuries and he must be on the edge that lightning may yet strike again. That is where Wenger comes in, he must help him make the tournament.

I expect him to feature in the club’s remaining two matches but the Gunners can afford not to use him at all or better still not over-use him. He should get some game time to get his form back and shake off some rustiness. If I were Wenger, I won’t start him in any of the remaining two matches, allowing him to play the last 15-20mins. That is enough to build fitness.

Arsenal don’t have to depend on him as our midfield is back to full force quality and quantity wise. With Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini, Kallstrom, Diaby Rosicky, Cazorla and Ozil, there is no reason to stress Wilshere. He should be wrapped in cotton wool ready to be delivered to Hodgson and his friends.