Fantasy Arsenal : Likely Line Up For Next Season

The season is almost over and Arsenal have to settle for a top 4 finish and an FA Cup trophy (hopefully). Attention will soon be shifting to the preparation next season. The current Arsenal team isn’t far from been the finished article albeit a few signings are still needed to plug very visible holes and help the team last the whole hog.

Wenger has admitted he will be looking to beef up the team with a few signings though he is keeping the names of the targets close to his chest in an attempt to prevent other teams from pilfering his targets. I am already looking forward to next season and thinking what the Gunners will look like next season. In doing that, I had to put somethings into consideration; the uncertainty surrounding the Arsenal future of Sagna. He is out of contract in the summer and yet to agree an extension.

The holes Wenger will be looking to plug are in the central striking position, wings, defensive midfield and right back if Sagna leaves ( this is me guessing here, but we all know these are areas in which we need players to be bought in ). Many players have been linked with a move to the Emirates but I have my pick of them and will be sharing them with you in fantasy team.

Goalkeeper- Szczensy

Back 4 – Sagna (Aurier), Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs

DM – Javi Martinez Ramsey

CAM – Ozil

RW – Walcott
LW – Griezmann
CF – Remy

Bench

Fabianski ( new goalkeeper)
Jenkinson
Vermaelen
Fabregas
Arteta
Cazorla
Monreal
Giroud

You may wonder what happens to Flamini, Wilshere, Rosicky, Podolski and Drmic ( should Wenger sign him as we are been told he will ). Of course, there is a place for everyone in the team. As it was obvious this season, Arsenal lost the league owing to lack of depth in key areas of the team and my fantasy team seeks to capture that. I didn’t put Fabregas in the starting line-up because I don’t expect him to walk straight into the team but will eventually work his way back into the first team. Should Wenger sign him, I am licking my lips at the prospect of him linking up with Ozil and Cazorla.

Wenger can manage all of them in such a way that everyone w ill be happy, there will be healthy rivalry amongst them in the fight for places and above all, they will be able to last the entire season as there will be plenty of room for rotation which means players will not be easily burnt out. With this large squad which is a rich blend of quality, experience, decency and quantity, the Gunners should seriously vie for all the trophies on offer next season.