Remy, Drmic Are Arsenal Likely Summer Signing, Here is Why Both Are Good For Us

After sealing top 4, Arsenal’s attention is now firmly focused on the FA Cup final which hopefully will put an end to the protracted trophy drought. After the FA Cup final, attention will shift to the transfer market where Arsenal are expected to be very active. Wenger is expected to beef up the striking position amongst others. For the central forward role, Arsenal have been short this season and have had to rely on Giroud and rookie Sanogo. Arsenal’s faltered and failed title bid has been attributed to the lack of options in the striking department.

To this end, there has been calls for Wenger to sign a high profile striker but Arsenal fans are set for another disappointment not that Wenger won’t sign a striker but he won’t splash out big on one striker in my opinion. From all indications, it looks like Arsenal’s striker signings will be French striker Loic Remy and Swiss man Josip Drmic. According to German reporter Lothar Matthaus, Drmic will sign for Arsenal while Arsenal have been linked with a move for Remy. The QPR striker was also spotted at the Emirates during Arsenal’s last home game of the season against West Brom. Wenger denied that he invited him to the game but Wenger’s antecedents in his bid to keep transfer moves secret means that denial should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Then the big question, are the duo good enough? I believe they are. Remy is experienced and versatile. He already knows the Premier League after starring for QPR and Newcastle over a season and half. This season, he has netted over 11 EPL goals despite playing for Newcastle that are bereft of creativity unlike Arsenal where there is plethora of it. His versatility means he can also play on the wings which means he can play with Giroud by playing on the wings or replace him in the central forward role.

For Drmic, he is younger but has proven himself this season. For minnows Nurnberg, he has scored 16 Bundesliga goals. If he can achieve such feat for the less fancied German side, he will likely do much more at Arsenal and at his age, he is bound to improve. World Cup betting odds already favours Drmic to do well at the world cup with Switzerlan.

I agree on paper neither of these will deliver 30 EPL goals this season but the combination of Remy and Drmic should get us 30+ EPL goals and with Giroud contributing his fair share of goals, we will have our central striker delivering over 50+ goals. This season, we haven’t only suffered from quality strikers, we have also suffered from lack of quantity. In Giroud, Remy, Drmic and Campbell, Arsenal have quantity and decent quality good enough to deliver the EPL title.

The good thing about going for Remy and Drmic is that it won’t cost Arsenal much in terms of transfer fee and that will allow us channel resources to fixing other positions and above all bringing back our ‘lost’ son Cesc Fabregas. With Cesc Fabregas back in the team, Remy, Drmic and Giroud will be stars. If Adebayor could become lethal with Fabregas, Flamin and Hleb in midfield, the trio of Drmic, Remy and Giroud can be more lethal with Arsenal’s current midfielders.