Injury News Ahead Of Norwich Clash

The Premier League season is about ending and Arsenal will be playing theirs against Norwich. Unlike in recent seasons when Arsenal’s top 4 fate and Champions League qualification depended on the Gunners getting a result in the last match, Arsenal can play this game with so much ease knowing that regardless of what happens elsewhere, 4th place and Champions League football next season have already been assured.

Then it stands to expect that Wenger will juggle his team to give the fringe players a rare run out, the key players a deserved rest ahead of the all important FA Cup final while players just returning from injuries will also be expected to have a run out.

According to the latest team news, Wilshere, Diaby, Ramsey and Gibbs return while Chamberlain remains sidelined with a troublesome groin injury. It is good to have Wilshere back as it means his participation at the 2014 World Cup which will be his first tournament for England since breaking into the Three Lions squad. But the same cannot be said of Chamberlain who is still out for Arsenal owing to a groin injury. Wenger remains hopeful that he will be fit for the football mundial but that is uncertain.

As for Ramsey, his return can’t make me any happier. Since he returned from the long lay-off, Arsenal’s fluidity has returned, ditto for Giroud’s confidence. He will be key for the FA Cup final. My heart skipped beats when he missed the West Brom game but knowing he is back for the Norwich game means it is a recurrence of the thigh injury.

As we welcome them back, Wenger should handle them with utmost care especially those World Cup bound. We cannot afford to loose any of our key players with the FA Cup so close.