5 Reasons Why Arsenal Will Win The FA Cup

Arsenal have not won a trophy for donkey years has become a cliche amongst football fans but that could be ending this season with the Gunners having a good chance of winning the FA Cup. They are already through to the finals where they would play Hull.

The calibre of opposition in the final makes the Gunners overwhelming favourites but fans have urged caution owing to the fact that the same was said some seasons ago when Arsenal met Birmingham in the Capital One Cup final only to lose to the Premier League minnows in bizarre circumstances. Would lightning strike twice? I don’t think so and I have my reasons for saying so.

First is the Birmingham experience. Arsenal lost against Birmingham but I believe they have learnt enough from that to forestall a deja vu. Now, they know been a minnow doesn’t connote that the match would be a stroll in the park and I am very sure they will be keen to make amends. It is also good to know that some of the players that played in that infamous match would also be on the field a la Sagna, Koscielny, Gibbs. They will want to get it right this time around.

Desperation to end the trophy drought is another reason why I think Arsenal will win. All the players are desperate to end the trophy drought, the desperation was obvious in the way they celebrated after edging Wigan in the semi-finals on penalties. Don’t see them allowing it to slip.

Arsenal’s quality compared to Hull’s is another. Without any iota of doubt, Arsenal are miles ahead of the Tigers. The Gunners boast of experience and quality talents and putting the players side by side, Arsenal’s players should come out tops in almost all the positions. This alone should be enough to see Arsenal win it.

Depleted injury list. The Gunners have struggled with injuries at key times this season but can afford to smile going into the Fa Cup final. Key midfielder Aaron Ramsey is back in action with his goalscoring form intact after scoring 2 goals in as many matches. Wilshere is also back, even long term absentee Abou Diaby. The only key players that might be out are Walcott whose season ended in January and Chamberlain who is struggling with his groin. This means the bulk of the first team
is available. I expect to see an experienced first team and a quality bench in the FA Cup final.

Desire to see Wenger stay – the Frenchman’s contract expires this summer and there is growing doubt as to whether he would extend his contract. The players have been unanimous in their desire to see Wenger stay on as manager. In that case, they should put their money where their mouth is by going all out to win the FA Cup final. FA Cup win for Arsenal would all but confirm Wenger’s stay but a shocking loss could see the Frenchman quit. I believe it would be the former and not the latter.