Julian Draxler Vs Antoine Griezmann Who Should Arsenal Sign

The summer transfer window is almost upon us and names are already been thrown up as potential targets. Some of them are German attacker Julian Draxler and French hotshot Antoine Griezmann.

Wenger has been linked with a move for the Schalke’s German attacker and even made an unsuccessful bid in the winter window. Knowing Wenger for who he is, he won’t give up and probably try again in the summer but unfortunately, his task hasn’t been made any simpler considering the fact that Draxler’s contract has a release clause which stands at about 37 million Pounds which Wenger might just be reluctant to activate.

In comes another name, Antoine Griezmann. The French youngster has been somewhat of a revelation in the La Liga this season for Sociedad. He has not only been a good winger, he has also contributed his fair share of goals. He has scored 16 La Liga goals already this season. He fits the description of a perfect Wenger signing, he is young, fast, skillful and French. Just like Draxler, he won’t be coming cheap but at least he would be cheaper than the German.

Who do I prefer? I will go for Griezmann. Draxler is talented but seems over-hyped and might just flop at Arsenal. Besides, he isn’t a happy winger. He plays that role but claims that isn’t his natural position. According to him, it is the central attacking midfielder but unfortunately Arsenal are already spoilt for choice there with Cazorla and Ozil, Zelalem is also fast approaching.

Why get a disgruntled winger for so much when we can get a happy one for less. There are reports that he intends turning Draxler into the next Henry but I ask, is that necessary when he intends getting a natural out and out striker? Arsenal need a natural left winger, Griezmann might just be the next natural one after Spaniard Jose Antonio Reyes.