Arsenal Team News Ahead Of Hull City Clash

Arsenal Team News

Wenger provided us with the latest team news as the team prepares to take on Hull City in Saturday’s FA Cup final match in Wembley.

On the positive side, no member of the team picked up any injury in the last match played against Norwich City in last Sunday’s league match at Carrow Road. Most fans had expressed their fears when they saw players like Ramsey, Ozil, and Giroud starting the match. Personally, I was expecting the boss to leave out those players considering the fact that the Norwich match was not so important.

“Everybody should be available who played in our last game at Norwich. There’s still some uncertainty about Oxlade-Chamberlain (groin) and Vermaelen who was out at the last minute with stitches in his knee. We’ll know more about that tomorrow or Friday,” Wenger said.

On the other hand, the news on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Thomas Vermaelen is not looking too good as their participation in Saturday’s match is in doubt. The Ox has been struggling with a groin problem for weeks now, and the boss may not want to take any risk with the England international. He is however, expected to be fit for this year’s World Cup in Brazil as he was named in Roy Hodgson’s 23 man team on Tuesday.

The player has only been able to play 16 minutes of football after our FA Cup semi-final match against Wigan at Wembley last month. The 20 year old was however, spotted yesterday with the rest of the team at Colney training ground. It is not known at this time if he will be included in Saturday’s match against Hull City.

“I will only know [on Thursday] if he has a chance to be in the squad or not,” according to Wenger.

Vermaelen was not available against Norwich due to a knee injury, which he still has not been able to overcome. Hopefully we can get some good news from the boss today or Friday as it would be a welcome boost to have both player on the bench this Saturday.

A full bench will definitely boost the mood in the team, and that is what we need to turn up against Hull City.