5 Likely Arsenal Summer Signing – Fabregas, Griezmann And Others

Behind the scene activities have started gathering momentum as clubs prepare to bring in new players in order to fortify their teams. Arsenal are not left out regardless of what the boss said about not signing any player until after the World Cup in Brazil. Wenger has a lot of work to do in the transfer window with no fewer than five or six players likely to leave at the end of the season. Those players need to be replaced, and we now bring you a list of players likely to sign for the club this summer.

Cesc Fabregas

We all know the love between Arsenal and Fabregas didn’t end when the Spanish international left to sign for his boyhood club in 2011. He is now being linked with a move back to the club, and like it or not, this rumour could have some legs. A player like Cesc could be used by Wenger as a false 9, and could also be used the same way Wenger did while he was still at the club. Although on paper, we have no need for another midfielder but looking deeper, we surely need a player of Fabregas’ quality in our midfield and I doubt whether will turn down the opportunity of re-signing his former captain at 25m pounds should the opportunity arise.

Serge Aurier

The 21 year old Ivory Coast international is rumoured to be on his way to signing for the Gunners. He is seen as possible replacement for Bacary Sagna who has refused to sign a contract extension. He could cost us €8 Million, which is not a huge amount of money for a player named in the Ligue 1 team of the season. Although I personally want Sagna to stay but if he goes, replacing him with Aurier won’t be a bad idea. However, signing Aurier and still retaining Sagna is the way to go.

Loic Remy

More than any other player in the last few weeks, Remy has been linked with a move to the Emirates. The 27 year old French forward scored 13 goals for Newcastle this past season, and could be heading to the Emirates at the end of the World Cup. He is well liked by Wenger who has been on his trail since his ( Remy ) Olympic Marsheille days.

Morgan Schneiderlin

This is one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premiership, and Arsenal are right to be after his signature. Arsenal could do with some solidity in the midfield, and Schneiderlin seems to be Wenger’s choice for that position. He was linked to us in the January transfer window and knowing Wenger, the reports that he will try again his fellow Frenchman again this summer doesn’t surprise me one bit. Armed with 2 years experience in the premier league, Morgan can help solidify our defense and relieve Arteta’s tiring legs.

Antoine Griezmann

Another man who has caught the attention of Arsene Wenger these past months is Antoine Griezmann. The 23 year old French international has been in sparkling form this season, and could make the move to the Emirates if we are able to get our plans rolling before PSG moves in. He is exactly the type of winger we could do with right now. Full of pace, tricky, likes cutting in from the wing and knows where the net is. This signing, if it happens may eventually see Wenger giving Walcott more chances upfront.