Arsenal Players Dedicate FA Cup Victory To Wenger

We don’t seem to do things the easy way, do we? We were right at the edge of our seats last Saturday as Arsenal were made to sweat by the Tigers, but the good thing is we were able to end our nine years of tortures wait for a trophy by an extra time goal scored by none other than Aaron Ramsey. We needed to get the monkeys off our back, and that was exactly what happened at Wembley.

Certainly no one could defend the players the way they started the match as the Tigers scored two goals in the first eight minutes of the match. It is a terrible way to start a cup final, and we almost paid for it. The good thing was that we were able to pull one goal back in the first half, which showed why the players came out for the fight in the second half. However, Ramsey has come out to reveal the reason why the players played out their hearts to put an end to the club’s nine year trophy drought.

In an ESPN report published on the internet, the Welsh international explained a lot of things about what the FA Cup victory means to the team, the manager, and the fans:

“It means a hell of a lot for us players. Over the last couple of seasons we’ve been under a bit of pressure and had a bit of stick at times for not being ruthless and not taking opportunities.

“The manager’s always believed in us, the players have always believed in the manager. We’ve come through and we’ve won something for the first time in a few seasons and hopefully this will be the first of many to come.

“He’s always worked hard on the training pitch and always stood by us.

“I’m getting quite emotional thinking about it. This is what it’s all about.

“We’ve done that a few times in the big games this year, we’ve conceded early on. But we showed great strength and character to come back and to win it.

“To score the winner in extra time is something I’ve dreamed of for many, many years. It’s definitely up there with the most important goals I’ve ever scored.”

There is definitely no doubt that a strong bond exists between the players and the manager, and this is good for the club. My sincere hope is that the club will not rest on her oars now that we have ended the trophy drought. We should go all out in the transfer window and bring in quality players who will help in ensuring we do not have to go through a long period of trophy drought again.

Glaring holes such as in the striking department, defensive side of midfield and the right side of defense should Sagna leave need to be sorted.