How Arsenal Can Use Carlos Vela To Get Antoine Griezmann

Antoine Griezmann is one player virtually every manager in Europe would love to sign, and that is due to the fact that his style of play helps his team to score a lot of goals. That is why it is not a surprise that we (Arsenal) are being linked with his signature, and could move in this summer to seal his signing according to reports.

However, recent development on the transfer front reveals that former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela could be set for a return to the Emirates, which makes the Griezmann link all the more interesting.

Both players play for the same club (Real Sociedad) in the La Liga, and have scored a combined 33 goals and provided 15 assists this season. Signing both players is a tantalizing option, but I don’t see that happening especially with a manager like Wenger. As a matter of fact, I would be pleasantly surprised if we went for both players this summer.

Arsenal could re-sign Vela for less than £4 Million this summer, which looks like a bargain for a player that has scored 17 goals and provided 12 assists this season. However, Griezmann could cost as much as £23 Million, which is close to six times higher than Vela’s release clause.

Real Sociedad want to keep both players no doubt, but may put up a bigger fight when it comes to Griezmann than Vela. However, offering the Mexican to the Spanish club as makeweight in order to sign the French attacking midfielder is an option that can be explored by Wenger.

Arsenal have a reported buy back clause worth less than £4 million inserted into Vela’s clause which means the gunners can resign the Mexican and have him sold for his real value which is circa £20 million. Should Real Sociedad be interested in keeping him, Arsenal can let them have him provided let they us sign Griezmann.

Another way to sweeten the Griezmann deal is to offer either of Yaya Sanogo and or Joel Campbell to the Spanish club on loan, which could also profit Arsenal in the long run. By sending both or either of Sanogo and Campbell to Sociedad, Arsenal will not only stand a chance of signing Griezmann but as well have Sociedad help in the development of the two players.

Personally, I will like us to sign Griezmann and not Vela. I do not think Vela is built for the premier league but Griezmann looks odds on to do wonders for us next season if we sign him.

What do you think? Do you see Wenger signing both players this summer? Which of both players would you love to see in the famous red shirt of the Gunners?