“It Was A Sickening Feeling Watching Arsenal Lift The Trophy” Claims Hull City Star

In an interview that could anger some Gunners’ fans, Hull City’s Matty Fryatt has blasted Arsenal’s decision to pre-arrange an FA Cup victory parade; regarding such move as “disgusting.”

The Hull City player spoke in an interview published in The Hull Daily Mail:

“It was a sickening feeling watching Arsenal lift the trophy. I don’t mind losing but them planning parades and stuff wasn’t good. It’s not their fault, whether or not the council should have kept it hush hush, but it came across as arrogance. It’s disgusting, a lack of respect.”

Arsenal were not the only club to plan a parade as rumours were rife on twitter that Hull City were also having a pre-arranged plan of their own. Though, it would have been better had the club handled the preparation quietly, the massive turnout of fans during the victory parade on Sunday justified Arsenal’s decision to pre-arrange things.

During the parade last Sunday, a record 250,000 fans trooped out to cheer the team. Leaving the preparation until after the FA Cup victory would have been too costly for the club to handle.

Fryatt also used the occasion of the interview to respond to questions on Podoski’s comments about him:

“I heard what he said. He had a good game, didn’t he?

“That was disrespectful again. They’re his comments and if he doesn’t know me then fair enough. He’s a foreign player and I don’t expect him to know every player but it’s a bit of arrogance.

“We didn’t approach the Sheffield United game in the semi-finals like that. That arrogance there isn’t nice but that’s just my opinion.”

Well, I don’t know you either  Fryatt and I watch a lot of football.

The 2013/2014 FA Cup Final has come and gone, and while Hull City gave a good account of themselves, Arsenal are without doubt worthy of being crowned the Champions and if Hull had won, Fryatt would probably have celebrated more than the gunners have. It was no doubt an FA Cup to remember, with the Gunners coming from 2 goals down to beat the Tigers 3-2.

Fryatt is entitled to his opinion, but it is difficult to fault Arsenal for being foresighted and planning ahead.