Ozil Sends Arsenal Fans Message That Will Gladden Their Hearts

Mesut Ozil is one lucky player who didn’t have to wait nine seasons to win his first Arsenal trophy. In only his first season as a Gunner, the 25 year old German international has won his first trophy, and is looking forward to more trophies and medals next season and beyond.

The former Real Madrid playmaker took to his Facebook page to assure all Arsenal fans that more of what they experienced last Saturday when Arsenal won their first trophy in nine years are bound to come in seasons to come.

“Two wonderful days I will never forget! I’m especially happy for our fans who supported us till the end. But nine years are definitely too long. for our next title we won’t wait that long anymore …  #‎FaCupChampions2014 #‎Gunners”

Arsenal came from a 2 goal deficit to beat Hull City last Saturday at Wembley to end the 2013/2014 season on the high. Though, Ozil may not have had the best of games last Saturday, his recent post on Facebook shows how determined the player is at helping the club compete next season.

Last Saturday’s victory only confirms what the player has been saying all along about his reasons for joining the Gunners. The player has always maintained that he joined Arsenal to win trophies, and though a lot of pundits saw this as a joke, events of last Saturday at Wembley have all but silenced every one of them.

With the monkey off our back, Arsenal can now look forward to building on the success of winning the FA Cup.

Last Sunday an unprecedented 250, 000 fans came out to cheer the team as they paraded the streets of London in celebration of the FA Cup victory. The large turnout of crowd did not only confirm Arsenal as the biggest club in London, but also shows how happy the fans are haven been made to wait nine years to see their favourite team win a trophy.

I guess the pundits and fans of other clubs may have to find another excuse to hit at the club other than the usual “Arsenal have not won a trophy for nine years.”