Arsenal Could Sign High Rated Striker On The Cheap

Arsenal appear set to sign Queens Park Rangers’ striker Loic Remy on the cheap as his club is set to lose him this summer.

Speaking shortly after last Saturday’s Championships’ playoff at Wembley in which is team gained promotion to the Premier League, Harry Redknapp revealed that the player is set to leave for same amount paid for him when he was signed by QPR.

“I don’t see (Loic) Remy wanting to come back and play,said Redknapp. “He’s talking about playing Champions League somewhere.

“I wouldn’t know what he’ll do, but I think he’s got a buy-out clause which is at a reasonable level.

“Not much more than we paid for him.”

Arsenal continue to be linked with the 27 year old French international who signed for QPR in January 2013 from Marseille of France. Remy scored fourteen goals for Newcastle this recently concluded season, but is now expected to leave for a Champions League team according to Redknapp.

Remy sparked up arguments among Arsenal fans after showing up at the Emirates during our last home game of the just concluded season. Though, he was said to have been at the stadium on the invitation of international teammate Bacary Sagna, the media will no doubt continue to link him with a move to the club this summer and rightly so as Wenger is a well known fan of the striker.

Arsenal need a star striker to forge a formidable team to challenge both locally and in Europe next season. The club has also been linked with the signing of Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema, and could be set to place in a bid before the World Cup kicks off this summer.

We have also been linked with the signing of Mario Balotelli of AC Milan and Mario Mandzukic of Bayern Munich. It is not known at this time who Wenger wants to sign this summer, but our search for a world class centre forward is well documented.

QPR’s Loic Remy will be a massive upgrade on what we have at the moment, and will provide us with more attacking options, which is exactly what we need to challenge on all front next season.