Lukas Podolski Confirms Arsenal Stay

Fans’ favourite, Lukas Podolski has confirmed to Kicker his desire to remain at Arsenal next season.

Podolski who was signed from FC Cologne almost three seasons ago had a mixed season as is contribution to the team was slowed down by injuries. Most Arsenal fans expected much from the German international who has more than 100 caps to his name for his country in the recently concluded season. Having scored sixteen goals and provided eleven assists in the season before the last, nothing short of a better performance was expected.

While speaking to Kicker, the Arsenal attacker had this to say about his performance last season as well as his future:

“If I hadn’t been out injured for five months, it would have been an even better one than the first season.”

“As it stands I will stay at Arsenal. That won’t change tomorrow either. The step to move to London was the exact right one.

“I feel great in the city, in the league and in the club. The two years were outstanding for me.”

Quotes via @SanBorussia

Podolski may not be the type of player who has the ability to play all 90 minutes week in week out, but he is not doubt what we need in terms of squad depth. He may not have scored sixteen goals this term, but that does not mean the boss wants to do away with him.

He was recently linked with a move to Italy due to his inability to command regular first team football, but all that seems to have changed in recent weeks. Arsenal will now look to add more players to the squad as the transfer window opens in some weeks’ time.

Players are already being linked with the club, and we could see a couple of them joining us before pre-season tour. The club is being linked with a move for Loic Remy, with The Daily Mail reporting that the 27 year old is available for a cut price of just £8 Million.

We have also been linked with Podolski’s international teammate Sami Khedira. Khedira who recently returned from injury featured for Real Madrid in last Saturday’s Champions League.