Why Arsenal Should Not Sign Balotelli

Arsenal are being linked with a move for former Inter Milan and Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli who has caused nothing but problems for every club he has played for.

The Italian international is without doubt one of the most talented strikers in Europe, but he is notorious for causing problems in the dressing room, and that is the last thing Arsenal fans want next season. Arsenal have one of the best dressing rooms in the EPL, and signing a player like Balotelli could be an applecart.

The price being quoted in the press is put at a staggering £40 Million, which can be wisely invested on a couple of other world-class striker. As a matter of fact, a player like Mario Mandzukic is likely to costs about half the same amount, and he won’t be coming with baggage that the so called Super Mario comes with.

Balotelli’s antics are well documented, and while his talent is not in question, his on-field and off-field problems will give a manager like Wenger something to worry about.

After engaging in some training pitch spat while at City, the Italian international made the switch to Milan while Roberto Mancini was still the manager. He started his Milan career with a bang, scoring goals as if they were going out of fashion. Now it seems he wants to move back to the English Premier League after suffering from racial abuse while training with the rest of his national teammates recently.

Meanwhile, Arsenal continue to be linked with a move for Real Madrid striker, Karim Benzema. The striker, who went missing during last Saturday’s Champions League Final against Atletico Madrid has only one season left on his contract, and could be set to leave the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer.

He is said to worth £40 Million, which is a bit hefty for a player who has just a season left on his contract. I am not sure Wenger will pay that sort of amount on Benzema, but there is no doubt the manager is an admirer. Although I do not rate Benzema but If I am to choose between him and Balotelli, I will definitely choose Benzema.

I am not sure Balotelli is the player we need next season. Arsenal cannot afford to mess with the dressing room by signing Mario Balotelli in my opinion.