Why Arsenal Will Beat PSG To Antoine Griezmann’s Signing

After their donkey years relationship with kit manufacturer Nike ended, Arsenal have moved on to team up German kit manufacturer Puma. It seems like it’s going to be a fruitful relationship not only financially but also in terms of helping Arsenal get some top talents in the market. These top talents are amongst the pool of top players Puma has endorsement deals with; Griezmann, Fabregas, Balotelli and Remy to mention just few.

These players have all been linked with a move to Arsenal as the Gunners plan a major re-building that would put them in good stead to challenge for the Premier League title and Champions League next season.

While the others would also strengthen Arsenal across the different departments, it is the situation of Sociedad’s wide man Antoine Griezmann that interests me. The Frenchman seems to be a transfer target for both Arsenal and French champions PSG. Sociedad knows they might be unable to keep him beyond this season as interests in him hots up and to this end, they would want to make as much money as possible from his sale. This is where Arsenal might run into a little stumbling block.

Agreed Arsenal now have money to spend but Wenger’s insistence to want to pay his valuation of a player could see him lose out to PSG that do not spare anything to land their target even if it involves paying over the odds. They have demonstrated that with the bogus fee they paid for Chelsea defender David Luiz.

PSG might blow Arsenal out of water with a big offer but Arsenal still hold the ace in the race for Griezmann. Reason isn’t far-fetched, they hold Sociedad by the balls no thanks to the buy back clause they have on Vela. Should Sociedad sell Griezmann to PSG, Arsenal can activate their buy-back clause on Vela and sign the Mexican for less than 4 million Pounds. It would be a massive blow to Sociedad to lose both of their best players and top scorers in the same window. In order to pacify Arsenal, they might just sell to Arsenal to keep Vela.

The desire to keep Vela could see the la Liga outfit sell to Arsenal and the Puma connection could see Arsenal and Griezmann reach an agreement without any fuss.

Do Arsenal need Griezmann? We should need the Frenchman. Podolski have shown us in the 2 years he has spent with us that he can not be relied upon while from the little I have seen from Griezmann, I believe he has what it takes to give us what we need on the left side of our wing. He has pace, tricky unlike Podolski who is almost one dimension plus Griezmann gives goals and creates assists for his team mates. which is going to be a big plus.