Arsenal Lose Out On Morata, To Sign Marquee Striker Maybe?

If reports making the rounds now is anything to go by, Arsenal have been dealt a huge transfer blow in their pursuit of a key target. Arsenal are in the market for reinforcement in the attacking department of the team and for a while had a searchlight beaming fiercely on Real Madrid’s youngster Alvaro Morata. Different reports have been emerging in recent times.

Firstly, reports emerged 2 days ago that Arsenal had struck a deal for him for onward transfer this summer. Then, there was news that the proposed deal had hit a snag because Arsenal refused to accede to Real Madrid’s request of a buy-back clause in 2 years. If the reports of us disagreeing with Real Madrid over a buy back clause are true then kudos to Wenger and our other negotiations. I totally agree with that because doing that will amount to allowing Real Madrid eat their cake and still have it – we are not their feeder team after all. Wanting to have a buyback clause is tantamount to sending him to us to learn his trade and hone his skills and when Arsenal should be enjoying the proceeds of the risk given to him with regards to regular first team football, they will pluck him off like they did Carvajal from Bundesliga outfit Bayern Leverkusen. Wenger won’t take it, neither would I.

The latest report now is that Morata has agreed a move to Juve. Well, if that is true, good luck to Juve and Morata himself. He won’t learn much there anyway because he has Tevez in front of him. But in all of these, where does Arsenal stand? I think Arsenal are the better for it. Losing Morata to Juve only means Wenger would have to look elsewhere for his striking reinforcement and to me is good news.

All the young strikers that we have been linked with seem off the market; Drmic (Leverkusen) and now Morata (Juve). Only the experienced strikers ( Mandzukic, Jackson Martinez, Benzema, Remy and others ) are left in the market and Wenger might just be condemned to get one of them if he is really serious about landing a top striker. In real terms, Arsenal don’t need another fledgling striker, we have ample in Campbell and Sanogo. What we need is an experienced striker ready to deliver at the highest level.

No need to cry over the spilled milk (Morata’s Juve move), rather it is time to smile because it is a blessing in disguise.