Benzema Denies Rumours Linking Him With A Move To Arsenal

In an interview recently granted to L’Equipe and translated by ESPN, Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has denied rumours linking him with a move to the Emirates.

The French forward who signed for Real Madrid almost five seasons ago declared his desire to remain at the Santiago Bernabeu. Benzema who was replaced in the second half of this year’s Champions League Final by another Arsenal target Alvaro Morata endured a torrid first few weeks of the just ended La Liga season when he failed to impress but he showed his mental strength and ended the season as one of Real Madrid’s most important players in the just concluded premiera liga season.

The Madrid striker who has also been called up to the French team in preparation for this year’s World Cup in Brazil said he has no problem remaining in Spain:

“I feel at home in Madrid. I am really at ease.”

“Playing at Real Madrid is a joy and fills me with pride because it is the greatest club in the world and also because I have come through some difficult moments in my five years here.”

Though, it is not known at this time if the club will be entertaining bids for the 27 year old, his recent declaration may come as a minor setback for Arsenal. Only last week, Madrid president, Florentino Perez granted an interview in the media where he declared that the club will not be entertaining any bid for any of its players.

“I am friends with all the presidents and they all call me when they want a player – but if they called me at this time, I would tell them nobody is for sale – but in football you never know, last year we sold Ozil when nobody expected it – football is like that,” Perez said in an interview.

When it comes to transfers, you never say never as a lot of things happen behind the scenes. The Ozil transfer is a good example of a transfer that caught every one of us unawares, and like the Madrid president said in that interview:

“But in football you never know, last year we sold Ozil when nobody expected it – football is like that”

Personally, I do not trust Real Madrid when it comes to players’ transfers. They can get rid of anyone in order to accommodate the signing of another player. I have seen them doing it so many times to believe  anything is possible with Real Madrid.

Van Da Vaart never wanted to leave but they pushed him out, same thing to Sneijder and Ozil was also ( to our benefit ) pushed out because of Bale and I will not be surprised in anyway if they push out Benzema in other to sign Suarez from Liverpool.

However, I must confess I do not want Benzema at Arsenal and I believe neither does Wenger. Wenger has come out to say it will not be healthy to have Benzema and Giroud ( both French national team players ) in the same squad. That will definitely be counterproductive. We saw it happen with Diarra when we still had Flamini.

Instead of Benzema, we should try for Wilfred Bony who is cheaper, has better goal scoring stats and already knows the premier league. I definitely won’t spend 40Million on Benzema when I can get Bony and still have enough money to get back Fabregas from Barca.