Lukasz Fabianski Leaves After 7 Seasons

Swansea FC will look to benefit from the experience of departing Arsenal number 2 goalkeeper, Lukasz Fabianski who was unveiled by the Welsh club.

The Polish goalkeeper who signed for Arsenal seven seasons ago will be remembered for his professionalism even when he is not being played as much as he would have wanted. He will also be remembered for the remarkable penalty saves against Wigan during the semi-final of this year’s FA Cup. Though, not able to upstage his compatriot for the number 1 shirt at Arsenal, Fabianski was the manager’s favourite man in goal all through the various stages of the FA Cup. Though, he almost gave every one of us a heart attack when he rushed out in the second half of the extra time during the final match against Hull City, we are all glad he ended the season on a high.

Unlike other players that have left before him, Fabianski decided not to renew his contract because he wants to a move to a club that guarantees him regular football. He is leaving us for free but the fact that he has loyally served us the last 7 years is appreciated, he has done his job without any reports of him causing any problem(s) in the dressing room or making silly comments to the press. However, he is signing for a club that already boast of the Netherlands number 2 goalkeeper in the person of Michel Vorm, so his first priority will be how to warm himself into the books of Garry Monk.

‘If I’m completely honest, the main reason I came to Swansea was because I want to be the number one goalkeeper. I want to play week in, week out.

It’s going to be a real fight, but I’m not afraid of that. Competition is always good, so I think everyone will take positives from that.

Though, I would have loved the 29 year old to remain at the club, I cannot but wish him all the best as he hopes to prove his worth in a new environment, and other a new manager. Fabianski signed a five year deal.”

I have always said that whichever club signs Fabianski would benefit a great deal from his years of experience at Arsenal and now that he has joined Swansea, I stand by that. I believe with time he will upstage Vorm from his number one position and make it his. The Swans have definitely got a good player for free.

Thank you Fabianski for the memories.