Ramsey Promises A Stronger Arsenal Team Next Season

Arsenal’s star performer in the recently concluded season, Aaron Ramsey has spoken of his determination to come out stronger next season.

Ramsey who missed four months due to a thigh injury sustained in a Premier League match against West Ham United on Boxing Day, expressed his frustration at seeing the rest of the team capitulate after leading the league for a very long period. The 23 year old Welsh international however, conceded that it wasn’t a bad season after all as the team was able to end a 9 year trophy draught by winning the FA Cup.

While speaking to Arsenal Player, the 23 year old midfield maestro said:

“We got off to a really good start, that’s something we had been lacking over the last few years,” Ramsey told Arsenal Player. “We came out of the blocks firing and were top of the league for long periods of the season.

“Everyone was really excited and looking forward to it, thinking that we’ve got a great opportunity. Unfortunately it wasn’t to be. I think the results away from home against the so-called bigger teams have been damaging and that’s what’s cost us in the end.

“In all of those games we conceded early on and going to these places is difficult, never mind going a goal down [near the start]. I think it’s important just to stay in the game and frustrate them.

“With the quality we have, we always know we can create opportunities. The main thing is just to stay in the game in the first half and it will open up a lot more in the second half – and hopefully we can take full advantage.

“I believe [we have made progress]. We had a great start to the season and a couple of hiccups after Christmas. Then we got back on track and finished off strong. I definitely think that we’ve taken a big step forward.”

“It was really frustrating with what went on earlier in the season,” he said.

The 23 year old also used the occasion of the interview to speak on his injury:

“It was a bit gutting to miss out on any part of it, as I wanted a full season and I felt really good out there. It was hard to watch it from the sides but that’s football and injuries happen.”

It will be interesting to see what happens to Ramsey next season especially if Arsenal goes ahead and sign Cesc Fabregas and if Walcott manages to overcome his injury woes. Not doubting Ramsey’s abilities but we all know if we have Fabregas, Ramsey may be relegated to the bench unless we are not buying a proper defensive midfielder or Ozil is to permanently play on the wings.