Real Sociedad Boss Rubbishes Griezmann’s Exit Claims

There is a new twist to reports suggesting that Real Sociedad attacking midfielder Antoine Griezmann is set to sign for Arsenal or PSG as the boss of the La Liga club has poured cold water on such stories.

According to reports, Arsenal were said to have put in a formal bid to sign the 23 year old player who scored 16 goals last season in the Spanish League. Though, clubs are not known to openly discuss transfers on pages of newspapers and in the press generally, this news will not come as a surprise to those of us who are familiar with Arsenal’s way of doing things.

Real Sociedad are bracing themselves towards possible bids coming for two of their players this summer, with Arsenal considering the possibility of signing both Griezmann and Vela. So it is normal for the club to start talking tough as a means of not only putting teams off, but to raise the transfer fees of the players.

“Now, he [Griezmann] is concentrated only on the World Cup, but I understand that he will remain here. He is a player which has a contract with us, therefore he will have to incorporate himself with our discipline. Besides, it’s not easy to pay €30million for a player, and that makes us relatively calm,”Jogoba Arrasate said.

It will be a bit difficult to prevent the departure of Griezmann from Real Sociedad considering the kind of season he has had. A good outing in the World Cup could drive his transfer fee up, which could be the reason why Arrasate, the Sociedad manager is denying any report linking their star man away from Spain in the summer.

I guess we may just have to seat back and watch as things unfold in the next few weeks when the transfer window officially opens. At this stage I find it difficult to accept that the 23 year old France international will remain with his current club beyond this summer.

What do you think? Do you see Griezmann staying at his current La Liga club beyond this summer?