Southampton Set To Turn Down Arsenal’s Bid For Morgan Schneiderlin

According The Daily Mirror, Southampton are set to turn down bids for some of their players including Morgan Schneiderlin, who is being linked with a move to the Emirates this summer.

The Saints have already lost Rickie Lambert to Liverpool and are on the verge of losing Adams Lallana to the same club should negotiation work in favour of the Kops. This could affect the shape of the team as they look to continue their fine form in the Premiership.

It looks like the Saints are paying a huge price for success as top European clubs have been on the trail of a couple of key players in the team. The team has already lost its manager Mauricio Pochettino to Tottenham and are bracing up for a couple of bids from several clubs.

The Daily Mirror also reports that Torino are targeting Gaston Ramirez, another player who has not had a bad season.

A statement on the club’s official website read thus:

“We have received multiple offers for some of our players in the past weeks. We have no need to accept any of them.

“We are deep in the process of appointing a new manager who will continue to move our club forward,” the statement read.

Arsenal have been monitoring the progress of the defensive midfielder since last season, and are likely to make a move for him this summer. The manager (Wenger) wants to sign a player of Schneiderlin’s ability to provide cover for the back four. The team could do with some solidity in the middle of the fact more so as Mikel Arteta may not be able to cover as much distance as he used to due to the age factor.

Arsenal’s lists of possible targets in the defensive midfield position appear to have reduced with Lars Bender opting to remain at Bayer Leverkusen. The club also received a blow a couple of weeks back with reports indicating that Javier Martinez is set to remain at Bayern. With Schneiderlin the only option available, Arsenal may have to put in a bid too good to be refused by the Saints in order to sign the Frenchman.