Why Arsenal Should Sign This Brazilian

Real Madrid is a team that has a lot of quality players that won’t struggle much to fit into any club in Europe. A team that sold Mesut Ozil on the last day of last summer’s transfer window but still went ahead to win this season’s Champions League is a team that has depth. However, depth is what a team like Arsenal lacks and that is what we need to work on if we seriously want to compete for the league title next season.

There have been many reports that Arsenal is interested in signing Benzema and Di Maria, although I won’t mind having any of those at Arsenal but I think we have a better chance of signing Casemiro. He is currently out of favor with the club and he is definitely the type of player Arsenal can do with at the moment.

A player like Casemiro, who is only 22 and only made 16 appearances, 14 of which were as substitute; won’t be a bad signing for us. Players like Mikel Arteta and Mathew Flamini are not getting any younger and Abou Diaby is not always fit. If Arsenal want to compete for the title, signing a defensive midfielder is a must for us and Casemiro is one of the players we have a good chance of signing.

Moreover, reports in the media all suggest that the club could be in for Cesc Fabregas, which could be less money to spend on players like Bender and Javier Martinez. Casemiro is only 22, but could be gradually integrated into the team as we look to replace aging players like Arteta and Flamini. Due to his young age, he will not cause problems for the club due to lack of first team action although due to the number of games we have to play in the Premier League, he will get many opportunities unlike when he was with Real Madrid.

Casemiro has a 82.7% pass completion success rate, which is not bad for a player like him. His inability to tie down regular shirt for his club has nothing to do with his ability, but due to the fact that competition for place is very high. The player finds himself having to compete with Xabi Alonzo and Asier Illarramendi, two Spanish players with years of experience in the La Liga.

Arsenal were reported to have sent scouts to monitor the 22 year old two months ago. Last April, The Mirror reported that the club made contacts with the Brazilian with a view to a possible bid.