Arsenal Interested In PSG Striker – Reports

Arsenal have been reported to be showing interest in PSG forward, Jean-Christophe Bahebeck who scored four goals in the Toulon tournament recently.

The Daily Mail reports that the 21 year old striker who scored two goals in the final game against Brazil could leave on a free so long as PSG get 50% of any sell on. This looks like a good deal in my opinion considering the fact that he is available for free. As a matter of fact, the player’s representative Willie McKay considers this a great idea.

“When you consider the prices being asked for English players of similar level it’s a very good deal. We have a lot of interest from English clubs,” Willie McKay said.

I am not sure Arsenal fans are going to find this funny, especially if the club is thinking of signing him as a first team player. What Arsenal need in my opinion and of course, a lot of Gunners agree with this as well, is an established striker. A striker with Champions League experience, and who would slot into the team immediately.

Bahebeck may have had a spell at Valenciennes last season, but that doesn’t make him an established player just yet. The talent is there no doubt, but he needs to be given a few more years to develop as a striker. Arsenal fans are fed up with the club signing young untested players, and it is about time we started bringing in established and experienced ones that can make immediate impact in the team.

If you consider the fact that we already have Yaya Sanogo, Joel Campbell, Benik Afobe and Chuba Akpom as young strikers then signing Bahebeck may make no sense unless Wenger sees him as good enough to compete with Giroud – not sure many Arsenal fans will agree if that is the case.

Most Arsenal fans who have seen the club “mess up” in the transfer market too many times will rather see the club sign a big name striker then a youngster and rightly so. We have achieved nothing ( well the FA CUP ) with youngsters over the years, it is time for a change.