Barcelona Linked With A Move For Ramsey – No Chance!

After unsettling and eventually signing Cesc Fabregas and Alexander Song from the Emirates seasons ago, Barcelona are reportedly on the trail of Arsenal midfield maestro Aaron Ramsey. Just as the headline says, ‘no chance!

The Barcelona hierarchy feel the world revolve around the Catalan club where they can unsettle a player, sign him, use him, and then dump him like what they are doing to Cesc Fabregas at the moment. Of course, Barca can’t forcefully sign a player without paying his fees, and agreeing with the clubs involved; but to think every player will jump at the offer to play for the Catalan club is nothing but funny.

That is why the report in The Daily Mail claiming that Barcelona want Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey is nothing but a huge joke; it is never going to happen!

The paper also reports that the Welsh international is attracting the interest of current Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich. Stories like these are bound to surface in the press not with the kind of performance Ramsey put up last season. He was no doubt Arsenal’s star of the season just ended, and it would be a surprise if clubs fail to ask of his availability.

Loyalty is a big issue in football these days I quite agree, but I think there is an exception especially when that player is Ramsey. Unlike Spanish players who will always nag and sing it in the ears of teammates and managers of their desires to go back and play for either of Madrid or Barca; Ramsey is British. Of course, Wenger understands this, and is the reason he started the project of building a core of British players a few years back.

Arsenal’s British core have signed long-term deals that will keep them in the club for many years to come. Loyalty is the keyword, and Wenger was probably fed up of seeing some of his best players leave the Emirates after nurturing them for many years.

Arsenal fans showed Cesc and van Persie all the love they could, but what did they do with it? Cesc for one went on strike just to force his move out of the Emirates ( reportedly ), and now he has been asked to find another club by the same club.

I have no crystal ball, but I don’t see Barca signing Ramsey anytime soon.