Marco Reus To Arsenal?

Arsenal are already planning for a shopping spree this summer. One key area the Gunners are keen to strengthen is the attacking department and to this end, they have been linked with moves for quite a number of strikers across the continent. Besides been linked with moves for natural strikers, the Gunners have also been linked with attacking midfielders who also fancy themselves as wingers such as Carlos Vela and Antoine Griezmann. It seems Wenger has added yet another name to the growing list.

He is Dortmund’s hotshot Marco Reus. According to reports, Arsenal have been torn between re-igniting their interest in Schalke’s German young forward Julian Draxler or making a fresh move for Marco Reus, but if reports in the tabloid is anything to go by, Arsenal have turned their attention towards the latter though he is expected to cost more than his younger German compatriot. Arsenal have money to spend this summer but want to spend it on proven quality rather than taking a risk on a talented youngster which is what Draxler is.

Reus operates as a winger for Dortmund but it seems Wenger believes he could be moulded into a striker that will play alongside incumbent striker Frenchman Olivier Giroud. While the prospect of having Reus excites me as an Arsenal fan, I would take the return of Fabregas high and above him.

Fabregas is a move proven quality than Reus and unlike the German, he already understands the rigours of the Premier League and Arsenal’s style of play so he would hit the ground running unlike Reus that would need time to find his feet in the Premier League.

According to the reports, Arsenal are ready to splash out 45million which would be a new club record on Reus but to me that is too steep and why spend it when we can get Fabregas for far less than that. If Wenger wants to groom Reus into a centre forward, he can as well do that with Fabregas because the Spaniard is used to playing further forward since moving to Barcelona and as even operated as a false 9 for Spain.

For me, it is Cesc over Reus. #BringCescBack