Arsenal Player Risks Not Going To Brazil

Roy Hodgson and England have been dealt a massive blow as Arsenal and England midfielder Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to miss out of the World Cup in Brazil due to an injury sustained in last night’s friendly against Ecuador. He is expected to undergo scans this afternoon to ascertain the extent of damage.

Should the result of the scan be negative, then England will have no choice but to find a replacement before the World Cup starts in a week’s time in Brazil.

Soon after the match last night, England manager Roy Hodgson had this to say about the player’s injury:

“We have our fears there might be some ligament damage,” Hodgson told reporters. “His knee buckled under the challenge as the player turned into him,” the England manager added in his post-match press conference. “He’ll have a scan, I’d imagine. When we’ve had the scan, we’ll know more.”

This will come as a huge blow to the youngster having broken into the England team last year. The Ox as he is popularly called among Arsenal fans missed close to six months last season after sustaining an injury the club’s league opener against Aston Villa at the Emirates.

Wenger had during the last season tried to manage the youngster’s injury in order to help him make the team to Brazil. This recent development may affect the player’s contribution to the club next season as fans and manager fear the worse.

Oxlade-Chamberlain was England’s star performer last night as his speed and power gave the Ecuadorians much to worry about before he was withdrawn by the England manager. His absence in the team could affect the team as England already lost Theo Walcott, another player who could provide pace down the wings.

We wish the Ox a quick recovery even as we await the result of the scan.