Why Arsenal Must Buy 2 Strikers

Arsenal are still in search of attacking reinforcements. In bolstering the Gunners’ attack, Arsenal will have to bring in a winger to add pace and width to the wings. This is important as we don’t have ample wingers and paid dearly for it last season in the absence of Walcott. We must prevent a deja vu next season.

Also, Wenger must bring in a striker to complement the efforts of French striker Olivier Giroud. Last season, we were totally dependent on him though his younger French compatriot Yaya Sanogo did his bit when fit but the fact that he didn’t score any goal meant the burden of goalscoring rested solely on Giroud’s shoulders. When the Frenchman wasn’t scoring Arsenal struggled.

As we prepare for next season, it is something Wenger needs to address. Already the Gunners have been linked with many strikers and people are wondering who Wenger will eventually settle for. In my own opinion, Arsenal don’t need just a striker but at least two. As far as I am concerned, Arsenal have just one now in the person of Giroud. Sanogo is potential-laden but is still too raw to be dependent on. He tends to buckle under pressure which means the simple solution is that he goes out on loan to a small team where he enjoys less pressure and more game time.

That leaves us with just a striker. That is certainly not good enough to win the Premier League or go far in Europe. We need at least three top strikers. The strikers Arsenal have been linked with are quite expensive which means it’s unrealistic to expect two of them but how about Remy who is available for a knockdown fee? Remy might not be a marquee striker but he is good enough to put in a decent shift in some games. Going down memory lane when Arsenal went the entire season unbeaten, the Gunners had 4 strikers ( Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord and Kanu) and Wenger still added another ( Reyes) in January so having Remy is not really a bad idea.

Remy according to reports is keen to play for Arsenal even if it means snubbing other London rivals ( Chelsea and Spurs). Wenger should get him for the 8million Pounds and spend big on a marquee striker. I won’t be deluded, Arsenal can’t sign 3 strikers to make 4 strikers but signing 2 to make 3 would push us closer to the title.

The Manchester clubs have at least 3 quality strikers, same as Liverpool after the purchase of Ricky Lambert from Southampton, Chelsea have Torres, Ba and are likely to buy Diego Costa and Manduzkic judging by reports. With Arsenal’s injury record, it is just important that we have at least 3 decent strikers. The good thing is by buying Remy and say Balotelli ( not that I want him but it seems we are getting him ), we will not be killing the chances of Giroud in any way as he can play with either of Balotelli and Remy when necessary.

Arsenal are not far from the title but Wenger needs to that which will bridge the gap with City.