Ancelotti Agree To Morata’s Move Away From The Bernabeu

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has conceded that young striker Alvaro Morata will be leaving the club this summer.

Morata who made 23 appearances for the Spanish club last season is desperate to join a club that will offer him regular first team football. Back in January, the 21 year old striker was denied a move to the Emirates by Madrid who failed to sanction the move. A deal was rumoured to have been brokered between the player and the Gunners at the time but nothing came out of it eventually.

Arsenal are however, not the only club interested in signing the young striker as several clubs in Europe have signified their desire to sign him. Arsenal need another striker to complement the effort of Olivier Giroud and Morata is seen as a player that can provide that.

While speaking to the media yesterday, Ancelotti expressed the club’s desire to grant Morata’s wish for regular team football, and are set to let him leave for another club to further his career:

“The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it,” the Italian told SkySports.

“If he gets the chance to play it will be good for him to have those opportunities for a year.”

Madrid want to include a buyback clause in his contract, which doesn’t seat well with me as Arsenal are not a feeder club. A clause like that would mean head or tail Madrid wins. If Morata goes ahead to become a great player as most of us expect him to, then he is back to Madrid. However, what happens if he fails to make an impact?

Morata for me is a great prospect but the idea of a buyback clause is not going to work. I don’t see us agreeing to such a deal which makes signing the young forward a bit difficult.

However, an outright purchase without a buyback clause will be the best option for Arsenal.