Mirko Vucinic Linked To Arsenal Again

During the winter transfer window, one player who was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates was Mirko Vucinic. The Juve striker was heavily linked with a move to Arsenal and most fans thought a deal was inevitable.

The player, who has fallen down the pecking order after reigning Italian Champions Juventus signed Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente last summer, is looking for a way out of the club in order to get his career back on track once again and has once again been linked to us. Arsenal need a striker, but what baffles me is why we are being linked with a striker who is not even regarded as the second choice in his current club.

Vucinic only made seven first team appearances last season for Juventus and does not feature in club’s plan. However, I am not sure we need a striker that doesn’t feature regularly for his team. What we need is a player who is  younger than Vucinic.

Vucinic is definitely not a player of Arsenal’s quality.

I am not sure about this rumour, but I am more comfortable with every other striker we have been linked with. Vucinic for me, is not what we need and that is due to the fact that he doesn’t offer us anything better than what we have already in Giroud. Giroud may have missed a couple of glaring chances last season but he is still a better striker than Montenegrin international.

Of course, Giroud needs support upfront but I just can’t see that happening with a 30 year old who only featured in a couple of matches for his team. If we must sign a 30 year old striker we can as well sign Samuel Eto’o on a free transfer.

Aside from Arsenal, other clubs thought to be interested in signing the 30 year old striker include Valencia and Tottenham. Valencia are reported to have put in a bid of £2.8 Million for the player but Juve are also reported to holding out for £6.5 Million.

What do you make of this report? Do you see us signing Vucinic?