5 Areas Arsenal Need To Improve On In The Transfer Window

After the celebrations wore off and the hangovers eased attention after Wembley turned to the summer transfers. In my opinion we need to look at a back up goalkeeper, a right back, a centre back, a strong defensive midfielder and a striker.

Let’s look at these one by one:

Goalkeeper

I’m thinking along the lines now that Wenger sees Wojciech Szczęsny as our undoubted number one so whoever comes in will be backup at best. David Marshall for me would be a good choice. 29 years of age and was a stand out performer for the relegated team. Will he be happy to play second fiddle and play cup games only though?

Right back

As much as I love Jenks, I think he is a year or two away from first choice territory. Serge Aurier has made the Ligue 1 team of the year and a good World Cup for the Ivory Coast could seal the deal for Wenger. If it’s not already sealed….

Centre back

Per and Kos are rightly first choice and it looks like Tommy V could be on the hunt for first team football. I’d take a risk with Micah Richards here. The plus points been he can also play right back. The negatives that he’s injury prone (insert fitting in well with Arsenal gag here).

Defensive Midfielders

I find Arteta a squad player at best and feel he gets found out against the best opposition. Would plump here for a Victor Wanyama character. Win the ball and play it to the more attacking minded players we have in abundance.

Striker

I’m a huge fan of Giroud and think what he did last year was superb. He obviously needs some support. If (hopefully) Suarez goes to Madrid then I would break the bank for Benzema. Likes to play on the shoulder of the last man and could revert to one of the 3 if Giroud starts.

With Theo to return, Serge improving on this season and even say it quietly Diaby getting a run in the team we are well stocked in the midfield and wings. As we know though we have a fair share of injuries so would like to see at least 3 of these positions strengthened.

My priority would be Striker/Right back and centre back.