Arsenal Set To Unveil Next Season Kits Alongside Marquee Signing?

Arsenal have since ended their age long relationship with former kit designer Nike, moving on to German designer Puma. Surely, we know the Gunners new kit designer but don’t have an idea what the club’s kit for next season would look like. Reason isn’t far-fetched, the club is yet to unveil it. But why the delay? Is Puma still working on the perfect cut for the Gunners or are Arsenal hierarchy deliberately delaying the unveiling so that it coincides with the unveiling of a top player?

Arsenal snubbed the chance to re-sign Fabregas in what would have been a grand capture. Apparently, Wenger has bigger targets in mind. The only calibre of players that would soothe the pain of seeing Fabregas in Chelsea’s colours are top class players. With the signing of the Spanish midfielder, Chelsea have brightened their chances of mounting a serious challenge for trophies next season and Arsenal must match it. There is no better way to do that than by signing marquee players of their own.

Arsenal have money to spend, have reportedly given Wenger huge funds to splash in the summer market and a new kit designer in place so no excuse for not bringing great faces to the club this summer.

Assuming Arsenal are waiting to unveil a marquee signing with the maiden Puma kit, which better player if not one of Puma’s brand ambassadors? Certainly it would be a marketing stunt to unveil a new kit with a star player in the mould of Ozil. That would lead to the sale of many shirts which will in turn fetch Arsenal and puma good money.

That sent me thinking on who the player could be. I don’t expect him to be a luxury signing. I mean a player in a role the Gunners are well stocked. A player in the attacking department is more ideal. The position screaming for quality addition is the attack and the good news is that Puma have lots of attackers on their list.

Two names are already off the list; Fabregas has already for signed for Chelsea while Reus is out injured reportedly till December. It makes no sense to make a big money acquisition for a player who could miss the first half of the new season. Two big names out but there are still many big names left. Falcao and Balotelli are still there to mention just a few.

Either men would strengthen Arsenal’s attack but I would prefer the Colombian to the Italian. He is level-headed, a better striker and the fact that he isn’t at the World Cup means he has the summer to fully recover from his injury. Last season wasn’t a typically good one for him, hence, he would want to hit the ground running next season. What better way to do it than in the Premier League with Arsenal.