Toni Kroos To Arsenal?

Rumours have been circulating in the press this week that arsenal are interested in Bayern Munich midfielder, Toni Kroos. The German midfielder has also been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea.

In my opinion, this is exactly the signing we need, and long for. Kroos is an excellent ball-playing midfielder and has a superb eye for goal, like he showed this season against us. In that match at the emirates, Kroos destroyed us. His continuous inch-perfect passing, perhaps was swept under the carpet by the press. His performance on that night was superb but surprisingly under reported by the British and German media.

Do we have a chance of getting him?

In the world of football, anything and everything is possible. No one thought we had a chance of signing Ozil from Real Madrid but we did. One factor that perhaps could help is Mesut Ozil. Kroos and Ozil are close friends and this could be a influential point in signing him. Podolski and Mertasker helped us sign Ozil, so possibly Ozil could return the favour with Kroos.

Much was made by the Fabregas signing to Chelsea, this week, and I for one was bitterly disappointed we turned him down. A world class midfielder with 5+ years in his prime left, was too good to turn down in my opinion. You could argue we still haven’t replaced the Spanish international, with Arteta and Flamini just cover ups. Maybe, Wenger turned down Cesc for Kroos, though I highly doubt that.

If you compare the two players, there is not too much difference. Although Kroos is less attacking than Fabregas, the German is arguably a better passer of the ball. With Kroos being younger, and perhaps more versatile, he would fit perfectly into our style of play. My understanding is that; whilst Bayern have not put the player up for sale, a good bid will prize him away from the Allianz Arena.

If Wenger uses the same magic he did with Ozil, we may be within a chance of signing him. Another factor which could tempt is the German contingent. With established internationals such as Podolski, Mertesacker and Ozil, not to mention the bright talent of Serge Gnabry coming through the ranks. Kroos may be tempted to leave to a club where he a) is a guaranteed starter and b) one of the stars.