Arsenal Could Use Carlos Vela As Bait To Get High Rated La Liga Star – Reports

It is a known fact that Arsenal have a buy back clause inserted into the contract of Sociedad’s Mexican striker Carlos Vela when he was sold some 2 years back. It is also no longer news that Sociedad are keen on keeping the striker but reports have it that Arsenal are set to activate their buy-back clause which requires them paying just a paltry sum. To what intent is the supposed move for Vela? Could it be that Wenger really wants him back to beef up the squad or wants him just to re-sell to another club for his actual current value?

According to reports in Spanish tabloid El Confidencial, Arsenal are contemplating relinquishing their buy-back rights to Vela on the condition that they would sign another highly rated Sociedad’s star Joseba Zaldua. The young defender could be used as the bait that would see Vela continue his development at the La Liga outfit.

I believe a move for Zaldua would be a win/win situation for all concerned. Vela gets his wish to stay in La Liga and Sociedad where he seems settled and flourishing. Sociedad get their wish of keeping one of their star men from last term and Arsenal gets a good sweetener in the mould of a talented and highly rated central defender.

Arsenal need defenders after the exit of Sagna and the likely one of Vermaelen. The Belgian is said to be eyeing a move to another club where he would have regular run of football. What that means is that Arsenal need to bring in a replacement so that there won’t be huge deficit on the bench in terms of quality and quantity. In trying to replace him, Arsenal cannot afford to go for a top class central defender, because no centre back worth his salt would be contended sitting on the bench and what we need right now is a 3rd choice centre back as we already have Koscielny and Mertesacker for the first 2 slots. What the club needs is a young but promising centre back who would bid his time and when he gets it, would use it as a spring board to good development.

What we need right now is someone like  Joseba Zaldua who is young and can be called upon whenever we are struck by our normal injury curse.