€44 million Rated Arturo Vidal To Arsenal?

Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal is currently having a good World Cup so far in Brazil despite the fact that he had a knee surgery just a few weeks before the tournament started. An highlight of his display was the stellar performance against Spain in a second Group match, in which Chile won 2-0. The 27 year old midfielder had a great season with Juventus in Serie A continually coming up with goals from his position in central midfield operating as a box-box midfielder for the Italian giant.

Yet despite is great season with Juventus and his consistently high performance since his move from Bayer Leverkusen in Germany, he has been linked away from Juventus almost every summer with Arsenal and Real Madrid put forward as a possible destination, after having  not been given anycertainty as to his future in Italy. Speaking after the win against Spain, he was asked about the speculation surrounding him:

“Will I stay at Juventus? I do not know, I just think about the World Cup and the national team now.” He said. He concluded by saying.

“After the World Cup we will see what will be my future.”

From an Arsenal perspective, having such a player as Arturo Vidal is the stuff of dreams particularly with the transfer fee being branded about. He is valued around €44 million, but he could go for much more than that.

Though it is not entirely a full cast priority, Arsenal however needs such a player. The question is with a budget already set aside for a striker, defensive midfielder, a goalkeeper, a winger and a right back, can Arsenal navigate it’s budget and find a way to get the Chilean?

The issue remains that such a transfer is in the realm of dreams. Although, dreams do come true sometimes. Yet it is the dream of every fan to see that the club compete in the transfer window and with the fact that Arsenal now possess the much talked about financial power Arsene Wenger can certainly bring in some of the best players in the world and the Chilean certainly fits that bill.

But considering that Arsene Wenger turned down the chance to bring back Cesc Fabregas, despite Arsenal’s first refusal on his contract by telling the Catalan he already has Mezut Ozil in his position, it becomes unlikely that the Frenchman will attempt to bring in a player to fill a position he already sees as meant for Aaron Ramsey and even Jack Wilshere. And the much talked like a new signing tag ascribed to running long term injured players like Abou Diaby.

Added to that, it is hard to compete with a club like Real Madrid who has been linked this summer with the Chilean. A club that sees breaking the world transfer record as a duty.

In this scenario, its a case of look away Arsenal fans because as much as dreams can come true in certain transfers ditto Mezut Ozil, it is important to mix reality with dreams sometimes as a transfer for the Chilean while a dream scenario certainly will remain that way, a dream.