Arsenal Target Morgan Schneiderlin Confirms He Could Leave Southampton

Arsenal’s chances of landing key defensive midfield target Morgan Schneiderlin has been boosted after the player hinted his desire to step up the big stage. The French midfielder has been linked with a move to Arsenal owing to the Gunners’ keenness to add steel to their brittle midfield. Morgan had this to say about his future:
“Listen, I’m aware of Southampton’s situation. On a personal level the club know my position and know what I want to do. I had a good conversation with all the directors.“I’ve been there for a long time now. We’ll see how things go but the directors know my position and what my intentions are.“Everyone has ambitions, everyone has his own future in his hands so we’ll see. Every player wants to play on big occasions.”
Do I blame him for wanting to leave? Of course not. After a good run last season, Southampton has been at the mercy of the Premier League big boys as they have raided the St Mary’s for the Saints biggest stars, they didn’t even spare the manager.
Pochetino is off to Spurs, Lambert gone Liverpool, Shaw to Manchester United and Lallana on the verge of joining Lambert at Liverpool. What becomes Southampton’s fate next season, they might just struggle to stay afloat next season and Schneiderlin won’t want to be a part of that struggle so I am not surprised is engineering a move away from St. Mary’s.
Southampton would want to make as much from his sale like they did with Shaw and Lallana but unfortunately they might not succeed. For the mentioned duo, there were interests from more than one club; Shaw (Manchester United and Chelsea), Lallana ( Spurs and Liverpool), so it was easy to set up a bidding war but for the French enforcer, only Arsenal have shown any real interest and with him keen on a move away, they might just have to settle for Wenger’s valuation as against their own or the bogus market valuation. Guess Le Prof is beaming with smiles now.
Schneiderlin is the caliber of player Arsenal need if they are really serious about adding steel to their midfield. He is tall, strong and doesn’t shy away from duels. He is a natural defensive midfielder unlike the pseudo defensive midfielders that Arteta represents. Southampton won’t want to sell him on the cheap but with his declaration that he wants to big on the big stage which the Champions League represents, the Saints might have to settle for the offer Arsenal makes.
Southampton have made big sales this summer, 30million Pounds for Shaw and 27million Pounds for Lallana but their hopes of making as much for Morgan is unlikely.