Former Tottenham Manager Hints at Star Striker Joining Arsenal

According to reports, Loic Remy has given his clearest indication yet that he would prefer to play for a club that can offer him Champions League football. Incidentally Arsenal falls into that bracket and he has constantly being linked to the club. His manager at Queen Park Rangers Harry Redknapp gave credence to this fact when he said;

“I think he really wants to play Champion League football next year somewhere.

“We gave him time off after the World Cup but I think he’s really looking to move. I would be surprised if he was at QPR at the start of the year.

“If he goes to the right team, he’s capable of scoring 15 to 20 Premier League goals next season.”

The fact that Loic Remy sees his future with a Champions League club puts Arsenal in pole position to snap him up in England at least. As other club involved in the Champions League might not have him as part of their plans.

In the past few weeks, several strikers have been linked to the club, and Arsene Wenger seem to have beam his search light in trying to bring in an out-an-out striker following the different players that have linked to the club.

The assertion by Harry Redknapp serves as good news to Arsenal’s search for a striker that will complement Oliver Giroud. The Queen Park Rangers man possesses all the right qualities that are missing in his compatriot’s game. That Arsenal can offer him Champions League football narrows the options he has in the Premier League to just the North London club because of the possible lack of interest from other clubs participating UEFA’s show piece event. This means he would have to drop his wage demands which some reports claims have prevented Arsenal from pushing ahead with the deal.

Despite his desire to play for a club that can offer him Champion League football, Loic Remy has a history of settling for offers that are not purely football related. In January 2013, he opted to join Queen Park Rangers ahead of Newcastle United who were also interested in signing him because of the lure of a better wage deal on offer in West London. This besides the fact the Loftus Road outfit was deep into relegation trouble for which they were eventually relegated that season.

So, he might have Champions League football as part of his many wishes, but going by his past antecedents, he might settle for less when other deal come forth.