Why A Loan Move For Edinson Cavani Would Be Ideal For Arsenal

Sparking in his Palermo days, Edinson Cavani attracted attention from Napoli, who immediately launched a bid to lure the striker to Stadio San Paolo. Under Mazzari, he became one of the most prolific strikers in Italy, scoring 78 goals in 104 appearances, stealing the attention of most prestigious clubs in Europe.

Ahead of his departure from Napoli, Arsenal was strongly linked with Cavani, with Wenger being interested in the player, clearly admitting to the press his admiration for the Uruguayan international.

I like him as a player. Will he cost a lot of money? That’s for sure. Nobody would deny that. Our banker lives just next to me at the moment and he is ready if we find the right player.

However PSG managed to convince the player join the French side, smashing the French transfer record last July in a £54m deal – but the decision of manager Laurent Blanc to play him in a wide berth has created friction, as the striker feels his potential is overshadowed by Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Cavani’s current deal still has four years to run and, and he has admitted his love for England’s top clubs as well as the Bundesliga.

“Premier League or the Bundesliga? I love both.” Cavani said.

“But I’m not the type to change leagues constantly. Germany, Spain, Italy and England are the best leagues. But Ligue 1 is also progressing.

Football is a sport where trust is everything. When a club wants you, he calls you, he wants you to integrate a project, he tries to get involved.

“I feel good at Paris and I count on staying, but considering how this window has gone so far, nobody really knows.”

Despite being played out of his preferred position, Cavani managed to score 25 times during his debut season in France.

However, the rumours that Cavani is unsettled in France put on alert Wenger, once again. Despite his recent statement about the additional striker issue, the Frenchman knows how to be sneaky when it comes to projecting beneficial smokescreens.

A surprising loan deal for Cavani would come as a summer breeze to the Arsenal fans and it is something that is possible considering PSG’s romance with the hammers of FFP, and with an established Giroud in the position of centre-forward, Cavani would offer a lot more playing in that role, possessing both the physical qualities and his tremendous intelligent moves to always find a way to precisely shoot being with his back to goal.

He’s also a more clinical finisher than Giroud and would provide a greater threat on the break than the Frenchman, whose regular activation in the starting formation has been put on threat with the arrival of Alexis Sanchez.

Given the penalty applied by UEFA regarding the foul on Financial Fair Play rules, PSG are restricted to spend more than the limited budget, however a loan move for Cavani away from Parc Des Princes appears likely, as the French side are attempting to secure Angel Di Maria (loan). By signing Di Maria, they will definitely need to find a way of reducing their wage bill and with them not wanting to sell Cavani, a loan move for the Uruguayan could make perfect sense.

In order to get Di Maria on permanent basis and secure the requiring funds, PSG would have to sell Marquinhos, Marco Verratti, Edinson Cavani and Lucas. Theoretically, such move from PSG is expected, partly favoured by the arrival of James Rodriguez in Bernabeu, that way taking Di Maria’s starting eleven spot in Los Blancos team.

EdinsonCavani is the striker no team can refuse, and knowing the boss’ ability to give the comfort and confidence to the unsettled players, Cavani could easily transform into the Gunners best loan move ever made.