Wenger Hails Arsenal’s “New Fabregas”

Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere and most recently Serge Gnabry all were given first team football at the age of 16 in pre-season friendlies, which played a key role in them stepping up to play for Arsenal in the premier league. Last weekend, a young 16 year old – Chris Willock, was given a chance to play with the big boys, and the teenager did not disappoint.

Talking to Arsenal Player, Wenger said, “He is a very young boy and I wanted him to have a run out with the big boys to see how much he has to do.” He continued, “But technically and tactically he integrated very well. Of course it’s natural that he lacks a bit of power at that age but when he gets that he will be a very interesting player.”

The Arsenal manger rates the teenager very highly. He lined him up in a strong team alongside the like of Ramsey, Szczesny and Rosicky. Arsene Wenger admitted he was very intrigued about the winger after hearing plenty about him. He has been in sparkling form for the U-16s; hence ignoring him would have been impossible. He plays a left winger but has the technical ability to play has a number 10 role as well. He possesses great skill and speed, and in order to become the complete package, he is now working hard to add power and physicality to this game.

There is no doubt that he has the potential, but to make it to the top he needs to have the right attitude too. And there are reports that he is a good kid who is hungry to learn and polish his game. Having seen him for a brief period, the signs are there we’ll be seeing a lot of him in the future as he recently pledged it to Arsenal amidst interest from Manchester United.

Fabregas, Wilshere and Gnabry all made it into the first team; it’s a good omen for the teenager that one day he’ll get a chance too. He has been to patient though. He has time on his side and if he improves at this very rate, it won’t be long before we see this kids tearing down the left flank.