“New Mesut Ozil” Dreams Of Arsenal Move

Exciting Wolfsburg and German midfielder Maximilian Arnold has indicated that he is not yet ready to play for Arsenal. The midfielder is one of the emerging young German players in the conveyor belt of talent within the German game. He has drawn comparison with Mesut Ozil because of his astute passing ability and playing style. Speaking about his future to German sport publication Kicker, he said:

“Of course the likes of Juventus and Arsenal are clubs you dream about as a child.

“But I am on just 36 Bundesliga appearances. If I was on 150, then it might be different.

“I am a player of Wolfsburg and I am happy to be a part of this team.”

The 20 year old Wolfsburg midfielder scored eight goals from 28 appearances last season with two assist to his name. What then are the chances of Arsenal securing his services in two years’ time?

With the midfielder still developing and his mention of Arsenal as one of his possible destinations, together with the situation of players at the club, there is every chance that he could become an Arsenal player in a little over two years. Here is why.

Some of Arsenal’s midfielders are not getting any younger and they have to be eased out at some point. The likes of Tomas Rosicky who is 33, Mikel Arteta who is approaching 33 and Santi Cazorla who is 29, would have added two more years to their stay at Arsenal by the time Maximilian Arnold becomes ready to make the step up away from the Bundesliga.

With the German contingent growing at Arsenal, and Arsene Wenger’s search light now firmly on German talents, there is every chance that the Wolfsburg midfielder could become an Arsenal player in a few years’ time.

He has come across as one of the players that German coach Joachim Low is watching having invited the midfielder to the German training camp before the World Cup started. As his reputation continues to grow, his stock is expected to rise. With his contract now extended to 2017, he is one that would be keenly watched in the coming seasons.

Those of Arsenal faithful would not have seen the last of Arsene Wenger’s signing of German players as the stock of Maximilian Arnold continues to rise. It is a case of watch this space as he blossoms into the next big thing in the game. Although, a lot would depend on the Wolfsburg hierarchy as he continues to develop.