After Xhaka, £88,000-A-Week Europa League Winner Set To Join Arsenal

Arsenal are on the verge of completing yet another transfer business if reports from France is anything to go by. We all know Granit Xhaka deal is done and dusted and the only thing left is for the club to officially announce the deal.

But aside Xhaka, Arsenal are close in on a deal to sign Bayern Munich and Morocco international defender Medhi Benatia for a small £12 million fee. The former AS Roma star has been one of the best centre backs in Europe in the last few years unfortunately injuries means Bayern Munich are having to sell him.

Fortunately for Arsenal fans the world over, he could be on his way to the Emirates. With Mertesacker looking like he will not be a regular next season and Gabriel Paulista not good enough judging by the games he played for us last season, signing Benatia despite his injuries will make a lot of sense.

The fact that we will only be paying £12 million for him means the risk we are taking is minimal and you never know, he may move to Arsenal and become less injury prone.

I would personally have preferred for us to sign Kostas Manolas but it appears AS Roma won’t be selling him this summer. Benatia as a stop gap for two to three seasons won’t be too bad.