Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Prolific Striker, Will Fly To London This Week

That Arsenal needs couple of addition to the first team if they want to mount a sustained challenge on the Premier league next season is a fact well know and generally accepted by everyone. We have been linked to various world class players and judging by the intensity of records to that effect, we have actually captured our first summer signing in Granit Xhaka.

Aside the first team, the club is also working towards improving the lots of the youth teams and have been linked this morning by mirror to the signing of Velez Sarsfield Whiz kid Maxi Romero. Recall in 2014 the then 15 year old flew to London with his parents to undergo a trial at the club but he suffered a kneed injury and Arsenal dropped their interest in the player.

Fast forward two years later, is said to be on his way to Arsenal after Arsenal and his club reached an agreement reportedly worth £4.5 million. He is certainly not going to be counted as a first team player but if the club has scouted the player for more than two years, they must have seen something in him that interests them.

He could well be another dud Wellington Silva or a general find like Thierry Henry or Robin Van Persie at least. Only time will tell.