2nd Summer Signing? Deal To Sign £75,000-A-Week Star Almost Done

With the deal to bring Granit Xhaka to Arsenal already done and dusted and only waiting for official confirmation from the club, Arsenal seem set to complete the signing of yet another midfielder. According to reports in the French media Arsenal are on the verge of signing France and Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko for a fee said to be in the region of £10 million.

The reports claim Arsenal have been made aware of the fact that long term Arsenal target Sissoko could be available for a cut price and this has forced Wenger to drop the interest in signing N’Golo Kante and instead sign Moussa Sissoko.

Although this rumour is been reported by a very reliable media outlet l’equipe, I can’t seem to be able to get my head around the idea that Sissoko will be joining our already crowded midfield. Unless someone is leaving, neither Kante nor Sissoko is needed.

And should someone leave, I don’t think we should be signing Sissoko when we could easily sign N’Golo Kante for £20 million. Both Sissoko and Kante are workaholic box to box midfielders, their energy is the sort we need in Arsenal, but if I am to choose one, I would certainly be making Kante my pick.