Arsenal Drop Interest In Morata, To ANNOUNCE €35M Mauro Icardi Signing

If a statement attributed to Inter Milan’s vice-president Javier Zanetti is to be believed, Inter are in a financial mess and would need to sell some players in order to balance the books and avoid falling four of UEFA’s financial fair play law.

This situation is actually very interesting for Arsenal. Like we did when we signed Santi Cazorla from Malaga, we could be taking advantage of the financial mess of Inter Milan to sign our long term target Mauro Icardi. Icardi has been one of Inter’s best season in the just ended the season and it is not a surprise Wenger is said to be interested in him.

With Walcott and Giroud not leaving to expectation last season and with Welbeck injured and out till March 2017, Arsenal certainly need to sign another striker and signing Mauro Icardi will make a lot of sense.

Although we have been linked to the signing of Morata, but knowing Wenger, he is certainly going to want to take advantage of Inter’s problems to sign Icardi on the cheap and to be fair, the Argentine seems to me a better player than Morata. While Morata will cost in excess of €50 million, Icardi will cost just about €35 million.