2nd Signing Done. Club ACCEPTS Arsenal Bid For Striker, ANNOUNCEMENT SOON

Arsenal finally announced the signing of Granit Xhaka yesterday. The club’s first summer signing. But if you believe TodoMercadoWeb, Arsenal are about to making their second summer signing and the deal is practically done according to them.

This time, it is not a midfielder but a striker. His name Maximiliano Romero. He was at London Colney about two years ago to undergo trial with Arsenal but the deal was stopped when he suffered a gory injury. Fast forward two years later, Arsenal have finally reached an agreement to sign the player.

This much was confirmed by Maximiliano Romero’s agent to TodoMercadoWeb; “I went to London to talk about Arsenal’s offer, and then took it back to [Velez president] Raul Gamez.

“Arsenal agreed to our main terms: that the player remains at Velez for two more years.

“Maxi is going to complete his apprenticeship at a great club like Velez. I met with Arsene Wenger twice in London. I negotiated with him and then with his assistants.

“They heard about Maxi Romero through their scouts in America. He was the player who most impressed them.”

With TodoMercadoWeb having a quote from the agent to back up their claim, it is safe to assume the deal is all but done and it is only a matter of time before the club announces the signing.

Although at just 17, Romero will not be coming as a first team player but the fact that the club have continue to be interested in him two years after the initial interest shows they have seen something special in him. And as Wenger confirmed to the pressmen last year, the best strikers are current South Americans. With Wenger coaching here, there is a real chance Romero will come good in the future.